Saturday, March 27, 2010

Journey to Thirty #9 - Realization: Condoms aren't fool proof

Condoms do not protect from liars, cheaters, or broken hearts. Condoms only try to prevent the exchange of bodily fluids to prevent pregnancy and the spread of STDs. They are not 100% effective at their job. Why would you think they would do extra stuff?
I've handled a number of relationships backwards. I dove into bed with a man expecting to grow the foundation along the sexual path. There's not a lot of conversation and getting to know each other during the throws of passion. I can only remember some groans, moans, and the occasional call out to God. I didn't learn that he had a girlfriend, a baby on the way with another woman, and a few girls waiting in the wings. I didn't learn that he was scared from a previous relationship. He wasn't interested in commitment, and he didn't even get his STD testing on a regular basis. I did learn that he shook before he came, liked the lights on, wanted to talk my ear off during cuddling, and had a slight foot fetish. I know he loved my breast, and if he thought he could get away with no condom he would. Nothing concrete I could build a relationship on though.
Be careful. Be very protective with your body. The door to your heart is not located in your sex. Condoms are not foolproof. Condoms are not designed to do anything more than stop the sharing of bodily fluid, and they aren't 100% effective at that. Protect your feelings with more than just a condom.

No comments:

Post a Comment